- Profits tax rates for companies(16.5%) and unincorporated businesses (15%) remain unchanged.
- Consider extending the scope of tax deduction for capital expenditure
- incurred on the purchase of intellectual property rights to cover more types of
- intellectual property rights as appropriate.
- Amend the tax law to allow, under specified conditions, interest deductions
- under profits tax for corporate treasury centres and reduce profits tax for specified treasury activities by 50%.
- No change in the standard tax rate, progressive tax rates and the income bands for progressive tax rates.
- Increase the basic and additional child allowances to HK$100,000 (for each child).
- Provide tax concession for subscribers to regulated health/medical insurance products.
- Waive the licence fees for travel agents, hotels and guest houses,restaurants, hawkers and operators with restricted food permits for six months.
- Waive vehicle examination fee once for the renewal of vehicle licences of
- taxis, light buses, franchised and non-franchised buses, goods vehicles, trailers and special purpose vehicles within a year.
- Waive 75% of profits tax for 2014/15 (subject to a HK$20,000 ceiling) to be
- deducted from the taxpayer’s final tax payable for the year.
- Waive 75% of salaries tax and tax under personal assessment for 2014/15, subject to a ceiling of HK$20,000, to be deducted from the taxpayer’s final
- tax payable for the year.
- Waive rates for the first two quarters of 2015/16, subject to a ceiling of
- HK$2,500 per quarter for each rateable property.
- Pay one month’s rent for the lower income tenants of public housing,
- excluding certain wealthier tenants and non-elderly tenants.
- Provide two additional months of Comprehensive Social Security Assistance
- (CSSA) payment, Old Age Allowance, Old Age Living Allowance and Disability Allowance.
- Extend the application period for special concessionary measures under
- SME Financing Guarantee Scheme to 29 February 2016.
- Inject $1.5 billion in to the SME Export Marketing and Development Funds.
- Inject additional $400 million in to the Create Smart Initiative to support
- different sectors of the creative industries.
- Earmark $23 million in the coming three years for offering intellectual
- property consultation, manpower training and other services to SMEs. • Issue iBond (i.e. inflation-linked retail bonds) worth up to $10 billion.
- Spend $91 billion to add 2,800 hospital beds and support public-private
- partnership initiatives.
- Set aside $50 billion to provide better retirement protection for the elderly
- in need.
- Establish a Future Fund to serve as long-term savings. The fund will be
- placed in long-term investments for higher returns.
- The 2015/16 Land Sale Programme will include 29 residential sites (of
- which 16 are new ones), four commercial/business sites and one site for hotel development.